Welcome to the all new DesertGate Portal –
Serving the LV, NM region for 18 years
Local NM News
- Police investigate vandalized window displaying BLM signThe Las Vegas Police Department is investigating an incident in which a rock was thrown through a window displaying a “Black Lives Matter” sign earlier this month. In the early… Read more »
- LCC feels confident after meeting with accrediting agencyLuna Community College administrators are feeling encouraged following the Higher Learning Commission’s site visit earlier this month. Interim president Kenneth Patterson told the Optic that the HLC team appeared to… Read more »
- Pay it 4ward: Mr. Powdrell's helps KOB 4 Pay it 4ward to Safe Street New MexicoMr. Powdrell's Barbeque helped KOB 4 Pay it 4ward to Safe Street New Mexico, a nonprofit that supports women. Read more »
- Local attorney: Who fired first is key to charging decision in Breonna Taylor caseThe fact that Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend was the first person to fire a shot in the encounter with officers on March 13 is the main reason why the officers involved… Read more »
- No one taking responsibility for troubled well in BelenPeople who live in a community in Belen are concerned about a well that provides water to more than 20 homes. Read more »
- Blog: Protesters take to streets in Albuquerque over Breonna Taylor caseProtesters gathered at the UNM Bookstore to protest the lack of charges in the Breonna Taylor case. Read more »
- Push to reopen private schools arrives in federal courtA federal judge is weighing whether pandemic-related occupancy limits for private schools in New Mexico violate constitutional rights to equal protection and freedom of assembly. Read more »
- Live updates: Anger, tears from protesters across US seeking justice for Breonna TaylorProtesters are gathering across U.S. cities, decrying the outcome of a grand jury investigation. Read more »
- Grand jury says officers will not be charged for fatally shooting Breonna TaylorNo officers were charged in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor. Former officer Brett Hankison was indicted on wanton endangerment charges by a grand jury. Read more »
- What leaders, stars and athletes are saying about the Breonna Taylor decisionFrom political leaders to pro athletes, here's what national figures are saying about the grand jury decision in the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor. Read more »
Welcome to the DesertGate Internet Portal!
A free service provided by DesertGate for it’s customers and the whole Las Vegas Community!
With this site we hope to provide a useful and fun resource for our community. DeserGate Internet has been active for over 15years and together we have grown into one of the premiere and most reliable internet providers in the region.
Fast, unlimited Airfiber Internet
Learn More about the services we offer