Welcome to the DesertGate Web Portal –
Serving internet to the LV, NM region for 20 years
Local NM News
- Cabinet positions have been revolving door under Lujan GrishamAfter three more departures from governor's staff — all in one week — some lawmakers worry about brain drain while others say it's business as usual for a new term. Read more »
- History of Lujan Grisham's cabinet appointees shows much turnoverNineteen of 27 positions now have an new leader than the one initially appointed. Read more »
- Bill to drop high school graduation requirements passess committeeAdvocates say HB126, which would switch Algebra II and a language class requirement into electives, would help state address the Yazzie/Martinez ruling; others contend it dilutes education. Read more »
- City rejects state land deal but plans to move forward with Richards Avenue extensionThe City Council voted unanimously in a special meeting Monday to terminate the agreement with the state agency. Read more »
- Controversial South Meadows zoning requests will go before councilThe proposed development, which Homewise calls Los Prados, would include single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums and a public park. Read more »
- New Mexico faces a budget abyss if oil and gas goes bustWith peak oil and gas production lurking on the horizon, New Mexico could face up to a $36 billion accumulated budget deficit by the mid-2030s, making tax and revenue-management reforms… Read more »
- New Mexico’s checkerspot butterfly placed on Endangered Species ListThe Sacramento Mountains checkerspot butterfly has been placed on the federal Endangered Species List. (Photo Courtesy U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service) With more Sacramento Mountains checkerspot butterflies being raised at… Read more »
- Days after New Mexico records coldest temperature in lower 48, forecast calls for sunny skies and calm weather this weekAngel Fire Resort in northern New Mexico recorded a temperature of minus 31 degrees Fahrenheit on Jan. 26, 2023, the lowest temperature recorded in the contiguous United States that day.… Read more »
- ‘It’s been a great ride’: Longtime Balloon Fiesta executive director is retiringPaul Smith reflects on his 26 years at the helm of Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta as the executive director. (Adolphe Pierre-Louis/Albuquerque Journal) Had it not been for the dissolution of… Read more »
- Freezing fog, winter weather returns to New MexicoNEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A cold front will keep bitterly cold air across eastern New Mexico through Tuesday. A midweek storm could bring freezing drizzle to southeast parts of the state.… Read more »
- Alamogordo officer-involved-shooting suspect identifiedALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police have identified the suspect shot by police in Alamogordo. They say just before 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Alamogordo police were called to an… Read more »
- Corrales brewery's second location to transform downtown Albuquerque buildingALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The old Firestone building at the corner of 7th and Central in Downtown Albuquerque will soon see new life. "Nothing has had a presence there, a… Read more »
Welcome to the DesertGate Internet Portal!
A free service provided by DesertGate for it’s customers and the whole Las Vegas Community!
With this site we hope to provide a useful and fun resource for our community. DeserGate Internet has been active for over 15years and together we have grown into one of the premiere and most reliable internet providers in the region.
Fast, unlimited Airfiber Internet
Learn More about the services we offer